The GovTech 100 is an annual list compiled by the research firm Government Technology that recognizes the most innovative and impactful technology companies in the government space. The list includes companies that provide government technology solutions to help agencies improve the delivery of services, streamline operations and engage with citizens.
Chief Innovation and Strategy Officer, Government Technology
Esper, a leading cloud-based policy management platform, has been named to the 2023 GovTech 100 list for the second year in a row. This recognition highlights Esper’s commitment to helping governments streamline their policy management processes and make more informed decisions. If you want to learn more about Esper’s policy management software, you can check out a long-form product demonstration here.
Co-Founder & CEO, Esper
In recent years, the gov tech market has grown significantly as governments around the world have embraced government technology solutions to modernize their operations and improve the lives of their citizens. According to a report by Deloitte, the global gov tech market is expected to reach $524 billion by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate of 12%.
As we look ahead to 2023, there are several key trends that are likely to shape the gov tech market and the way government technology solutions are used.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning: AI and machine learning will continue to be major drivers of innovation in the GovTech space, as governments look to automate processes and make data-driven decisions. Expect to see more use cases for AI in areas such as fraud detection, customer service and policymaking.
- Digital transformation: Governments are increasingly adopting digital platforms to deliver services and engage with citizens. This trend of innovative government technology solutions will continue in 2023, with a focus on building seamless and integrated digital experiences that are accessible to all citizens.
- Cloud-based policymaking: Cloud computing has the potential to overhaul the way that governments develop and implement policy. By using cloud-based platforms like Esper, governments can collaborate with stakeholders in real-time, access a wider range of data and analytics and make more informed decisions. Expect to see more governments adopting cloud-based policymaking in 2023.
- Cybersecurity: As governments become more reliant on technology, cybersecurity will be a top priority. Expect to see an increase in investment in cybersecurity government technology solutions to protect against cyber threats and data breaches.
- Citizen engagement: Governments are increasingly turning to technology to engage with citizens and gather feedback. Expect to see more investments in citizen engagement platforms that allow governments to communicate with citizens through social media, mobile apps and other channels.
- Sustainability and climate change: The use of technology to address sustainability and climate change will be a key focus for many governments in 2023. Expect to see more investments in technologies such as renewable energy, smart cities and sustainability tracking.
- Remote work and collaboration: The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the trend towards remote work and collaboration, and this is likely to continue in 2023 as governments look for ways to improve productivity and reduce costs. Expect to see more investments in technologies such as virtual meetings, project management, and remote work solutions.
Overall, the gov tech market is set to continue its rapid growth in 2023, with a focus on using government technology solutions to improve the delivery of services, streamline operations and engage with citizens. Companies that can help governments address these challenges, like Esper, will be well positioned to succeed in this exciting and fast-growing market.