Esper’s mission is to encourage adaptive and responsive public policy. We envision a regulatory process that works in harmony with markets and data to drive transparent and accountable decision-making. Our job as visionaries is to build an infrastructure that ties together data to enable proactive public administration.
Esper’s customer base is growing and as a Deployment Strategist you will be on the front line of shaping customer experience. You’ll work closely with Engineering, Sales, Product, and leadership to shape Esper’s software as it’s deployed with customers. Your main contribution is a nuanced picture of what is true about the customer: with deep empathy, by immersing yourself into the customer’s world, and by forming strong relationships with users, your synthesis will directly inform Esper’s product and strategy. Important to the role will be a curious and analytical mindset, the ability to quickly learn the customer domain, and a strong intuition for technology and product. A fast-moving startup, we place a premium on resourcefulness, speed, and continuous feedback.
As a bonus, we’d love it if you have a strong interest in policymaking! We believe policy shapes our daily lives more than most realize, and central to the role is helping us build software for transforming how policy is created through better data and transparency.
• Embed with customers onsite and remote, to understand key questions, workflows, and pain points
• Develop a deep understanding of user workflows and requirements, ensuring that they are effectively and intuitively handled in the product
• Act as a representative for Esper towards customer representatives of varying levels of seniority
• Ensure stakeholders’ day-to-day use of product addresses the most valuable problems and pain points
• Onboard new customers and train users on Esper’s platform
• Build and deliver customized and engaging demos of Esper’s platform
• Identify product gaps and opportunities for expansion, and partner with Engineering, Product and Design to influence direction of product
• Partner with Esper leadership to ensure customer observations and learnings are central to product and business direction
• 3-5 years of experience, with significant time spent in customer-facing roles
• 3-5 years of experience working with both technical and non-technical business partners
• Strong general computer skills (e.g. Office/Excel, GSuite, Github, etc.)
• Ability to travel domestically (50%+) depending on business need
Nice To Have:
• Govtech experience
Perks and Benefits:
• Being a part of an innovative and collaborative team that will both support and challenge you
• Significant opportunity for growth and ownership and to shape Esper for the long-term
• Competitive salary and equity at a growing early-stage company
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Unlimited PTO and paid holidays